Seeking Public Affair Associates (Interns)
We are currently seeking student interns or recent graduates to join our team, learn on the job and carve out a professional niche for themselves so you can get your dream job or continue your career growth with us. There are several opportunities with us but best of all, you can choose your topic, field and direction. Joining our podcast production team is just one avenue to test the waters and see what you like to do or excel at. One of our four practice areas focuses on Media Accelerators and one way we deliver for our clients is niche WordPress blogs, E-Newsletters, Social Media Strategies and most of all, some amazing Podcast Storytelling.
Our four branded podcast channels advance public engagement in politics, public service, technology and autism. We seek out thought leaders, CEO’s, elected officials and public/private sector executives for a 30 minute recorded video interview where they share their lessons learned, career advice and transformational ideas, projects or priorities. We record about one to three podcasts a week and after editing, publish it on our Youtube channel, WordPress blog websites, LinkedIn page and social media networks. Here is more about what’s involved in the podcast production process.
- The American School of Public Service podcast is a platform designed for public administrators, professional staff and stakeholders to discuss innovative and best management practices.
- Episode topics determined by public servants & their constituents ie. Leadership trends, best management practices, innovation trends, lessons learned from pilot programs, the customer experience, process improvements, bureaucratic navigational tools and how to guides
- Each episode of Politics 365 is designed to facilitate civic and nonpartisan conversations with elected officials, candidates and political stakeholders.
- Politics 365 podcasts brings elected or appointed political leaders for a more civic discourse from City Hall to Capitol Hill to discuss everything from social justice, income inequality to foreign affairs and current legislation
- US CAN TEC podcasts bring together American and Canadian tech entrepreneurs in a robust platform custom made to their fast-paced needs.
- We profile up & coming tech companies on both sides of the border, investment opportunities, transformational technologies and bridging the Digital Divide
- Autism Spa is a passion podcast and a unique forum for special needs families, technology solutions and timely news with a relaxing outlet that offers spa-days to this deserving community.
- Autism Spa podcasts brings together autism caregivers, doctors, entrepreneurs and innovators with timely topics, organizational profiles and tips on how to help our loved ones
We are looking for career-minded students that want to join any one of our website/social media management and podcast production team depending on their topics of interest or fields of study. Everything before and after a podcast episode needs an Public Affairs Associate to help us identify or manage compelling topics, secure insightful speakers, write probing questions, draft key takeaways, promote on social media, upload to our WordPress website blogs, conduct quality control, and help us publish our weekly E-Newsletters.
Public Affairs Associates can have their own web page under AfsharGroup.com and/or their podcast/website of choice, with their bios, career objectives and headshots. They can have a company email, write blogs or editorials, record or co-anchor podcasts, share professional content and receive full credit for their work on our podcast platforms, in addition to taking advantage of every networking & promotional opportunity that we have to offer.
As permitted by your university or internship requirements, the Public Affairs Associate can also support our business development operations, client relations, responding to RFP’s and identifying new business opportunities. We are also developing several podcast/webinar programs that require corporate sponsors, as well seeking expanding subscriptions, advertising & partnerships for all of our podcast platforms. This is not the primary job function and is ancillary to our main focus on podcast/blog production.
Our Public Affair Associates will be provided with the following opportunities:
- Learn podcast production, business development, social media entrepreneurship, (WordPress) website management.
- Become the Associate Producer or Contributing Editor of your chosen podcast(s) news channel with full credits
- Have direct input on developing the podcast content/questions and topics/speakers.
- Be able to publish any of your related academic work as a blog post & promote it on our podcast network.
- Build your own relationships with the speakers, their staff or the organizations we interview.
- Receive a letter of recommendation and use our name as a referral on job applications (after 4 months).
- Get a personal referral to anyone in our 10,000+ personal and professional networks.
- After 4 months, you can co-host any podcast you have worked on.
- If you want to launch your own podcast, we’ll help you.
- If you want to spend time on business development, we share 25% of any subscription, sponsorship or advertising revenues that you generate while you are with us.
Please review the attached details of each of our podcast channels and if you share our vision, I hope you’ll join us. Please email your resume & cover letter to info@AfsharGroup.com.
Thank you for your interest!
The Afshar Group